THERE IS A VACANCY FOR A RECEPTIONIST AT THE BALFOUR MEDICAL CENTRE
About the role
In this essential front-line role at the practice, receptionist help patients to access the right services, assist with keeping health records accurate and up-to-date and ensure that appointment bookings are well-managed.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Greeting and directing all patients.
- Making appointments and giving out appointment cards, where required.
- Answer the telephone promptly.
- Accepting, issuing and handing out prescriptions, letters, completed forms, specimen bottles, etc.
- Dealing with requests for information, and managing problems and complaints.
- Advising patients of Practice procedures.
- Registering new patients.
About the Candidate
We are looking for a receptionist to join our busy practice team and help make a positive impact on our local community.
We would welcome applications from organised, adaptable and friendly individuals who are keen to help us provide high levels of customer service:
- Ideally previous medical / healthcare receptionist experience
- You will have excellent communication skills with a clear and polite telephone manner.
- You will work in a polite, confidential and discreet manner, respecting patients at all times.
- You will have experience of working with the general public, being sensitive and empathetic in distressing situations.
- You will be confident to work as part of a team and be able to think on your feet independently.
- Strong IT and administration skills.
Some flexibility is required as you will sometimes need to work additional/alternative hours to cover for colleagues.
If you need more information please visit our surgery of call us.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.